The township or civil parish was in Lancashire.
Turton Local Board of Health 1873-1895
A Local Board of Health for the township of Turton in the Bolton Poor Law Union was formed in 1873.
Turton Urban District 1895-1974
Turton became an Urban District in 1894.
In 1898 the boundaries of the Urban District were extended to include the Civil Parishes of Belmont, Bradshaw, Edgworth, Entwistle, Harwood, Longworth and Quarlton.
North and South Divided
In 1974 North Turton, including Belmont, Edgworth, Chapeltown and Entwistle became part of an enlarged Blackburn Borough.
South Turton, including Bromley Cross, Bradshaw and Harwood, became part of the new Bolton Metropolitan Borough.
Chairmen of Turton 1873-1974